Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Associate
This position is for an opening on third shift. The hours are 10:30PM - 7:00AM. Overtime will take place occasionally. The Shipping/Receiving Associate is responsible for receiving, storing, and shipping all finished materials. Also, included within this framework of responsibility is facility cleanliness, counting of inventory and other task as assigned by the management staff. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places, extreme heat/cold weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Specific Job Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing finished goods and raw materials for proper storage.
- Record inventory transactions.
- Inventories materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, lifting device or trailers/straight trucks
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Examines incoming shipments, records shortages, and receive into inventory.
- Maintains inventory of finished product, raw materials, shipping materials and supplies.
- Pulls material and stage for shipment, utilizing (FIFO) first in first out system.
- Organizes warehouse and rows and clean.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Knowledge of forklift safety and operation.
- Ability to work in warm and cold environments.
- Ability to handle heavy loads on a consistent basis and Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
To apply, please email your resume here, including the title of the position in the subject.