Staff Accountant/Inventory Control Coordinator
The Inventory Control/Staff Accountant position requires a detail-oriented individual with a blend of skills and experience that are specifically focused on inventory management/financial accounting in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented position. This individual must be willing to take responsibility and full-ownership of the duties required to meet the demands in a challenging and varied environment.
Specific Job Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Daily review of inventory cycle count adjustments and oversee inventory processes.Daily liaison with Warehouse, QA, Production Services, Scheduling and Purchasing personnel.
- Sign off on AP invoices weekly; observation /application of sales/use tax and comparing PO pricing to actual.
- Weekly tracking of capital projects in process.
- Miscellaneous invoicing to customers and update spreadsheet for tracking.
- Review inventory for obsolete/discontinued items and oversee disposition of those items.
- Enter business expense reports for sales team/management weekly.
- Update Trade Spend spreadsheet monthly for Customer Profitability reporting/commission payment.
- Completion of Month End financial duties.
- Review Raw and Finished Goods accounts for discrepancies and make adjusting entries.
- Review inventory and accounting standard operating procedures and update as needed.
- Responsible for annual fixed asset audit.
- Preparation of Sales/Use Tax and CAT Tax filing for State of Ohio.
- Oversee year-end physical inventory from preparation thru completion.
- Year-end financial audits.
- Year-end Inventory and Fixed Asset reporting
- Backup for A/R Specialist and Inventory Control Specialist.Daily liaison with Cycle Counter.
- Responsible for overseeing physical inventories random or receipt audits/reconciliations.
- Monitoring and controlling inventory integrity.
- Oversee Fixed Assets by project tracking, project capitalization and monthly depreciation, and performing yearly FA audits.
- To support the CFO and Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the CFO or Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred. Inventory management experience is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Great Plains a definite plus.
- Must possess basic mathematic skills, the ability to analyze figures and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with trouble-shooting ability and can-do attitude in a dynamic team environment.
- Must have proven track-record of integrity and ability to work under time pressure.
To apply, please email your resume here, including the title of the position in the subject.