Facilities Maintenance Technician
Repair and maintain the facilities, grounds, and refrigeration. To include Ammonia systems, Freon Systems, Air Compressors, Boilers, Pump Stations, Carpentry work, Snow removal, Air Dryers.
Specific Job Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of boiler and HVAC utility equipment/systems.
- Read gauges and instruments and adjust mechanisms to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature in system(s).
- Maintain proper functioning of steam generation, compressed air, hot water, treated water, glycol and other systems.
- Use knowledge of water chemistry to operate, maintain, trouble-shoot and service equipment.
- Maintain monitoring of utilities used by the building.
- Respond to emergency calls regarding utilities on production floor.
- Ensure continued production operation as it relates to utilities and HVAC equipment.
- Dismantle malfunctioning equipment and test components using electrical mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment. Troubleshoot, adjust and /or repair utility systems equipment as problems/deviations occur.
- Pipefitting and plumbing repair.
- Repair/Rebuild pumps, valves, regulators, traps, fans, etc.
- Associate must have at least 3 years’ experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of boiler, HVAC, Refrigeration, Freon, facilities maintenance, Ammonia systems and utility equipment/systems.
- State of Ohio, High Pressure Boiler Operator or Third Class Stationary Engineer License is required.
- EPA refrigerant recovery certification.
- Master Plummer
- HAZMAT training.
- Must have legible handwriting with attention to detail.
- Must be able to climb stairs and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to detect and understand warning lights, buzzers, alarms or instruments indicating hazardous conditions or circumstances which may cause equipment or product loss and physical harm.
- Must observe good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Must follow safety rules and procedures.
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week on an assigned shift with some daily overtime. Must be willing to work weekend overtime.
- High school diploma or GED required.